ASUS R2H takes on Windows 8 Release Preview!
Installation not much different from before:
- download Windows 8 Release Preview x32 ISO
- prepare bootable USB stick using Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool
- enable BIOS boot from USB stick (Boot > Hard Disk Drives > 1st Drive)
- install using product key provided in FAQ section
- run Windows Update through a wired connection to get the rest of the drivers.
Pleasant first impressions, it’s probably the fastest Windows I’ve seen on the unit – scrolling Metro is fluid enough (fingernail obviously, the unit doesn’t do finger touch), desktop / Explorer UI generally responsive even with high CPU usage with background work.