Although Lotus Notes 8 looks much better than 6.5 (but still 20 years behind Outlook :-), here’s how you can install a couple of new themes, so your Notes stands out of the crowd - I like the blue Royale one.
- Unzip the Themes.zip file to get Theme_updatesite.zip for installation;
- Go to ...\Notes\framework\rcp folder.
- Add "com.ibm.notes.branding/enable.update.ui=true" to the end of file plugin_customization.ini
- Restart Notes 8. Then from Notes 8 client you can use menu "File -> Application -> Install" to install Eclipse based applications.
- Choose "Search for new features to install".
- Choose "Add Zip/Jar Location...", then select the Theme_updatesite.zip file;
- Follow the instruction to complete the installation.
- After installation, Notes needs to restart;
- Click on menu File->Preference to open preference page, select the "Windows and Themes" page. In the Theme section, you will see new installed themes. Select one and click "OK" to apply the theme.