8 years later is still going: Windows 10 Technical Preview on ASUS R2H.
- download Windows 10 Technical Preview x86 ISO (2.93 GB)
- prepare bootable USB stick with Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool
- enable BIOS boot from USB stick (F2 > Boot > Hard Disk Drives > 1st Drive)
- install updates from Windows Update through a wired connection.
- 7" screen (800x480), touchscreen / stylus
- Intel Celeron M 353 Dothan
- 1.25 GB RAM (256 MB soldered + 1 GB module)
- Intel Mobile 915GM Express Chipset
- Intel Graphics GMA 900
- Hitachi Travelstar HTC426060G8CE00 (1.8", 4200 rpm, 60 GB)
- ASUS WL-159g WiFi
- ASUS BT-183 Bluetooth
- Intel Inf Update v220.127.116.110
Download from Intel, run infinst_autol.exe and if needed manually update drivers for:
- Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 266F
- Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265x
- Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 265C
Original OEM drivers won't install anymore, running on default Windows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" driver
Working with original OEM Windows Vista drivers: ASUS USB Wireless Network Adapter, v18.104.22.168
- Speccy fails to install due to incompatibility issues
- Winaero WEI Tool reports 0 / unrated, appears assessment doesn't complete.